catering llc

Discussion in 'Professional Catering' started by chefsword, Nov 6, 2011.

1. chefsword

chefsword

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    I have worked as a cook up to a chef in the last 15 years. I got married last year and now have two step kids. I'm missing time at home due to my hours. I'm thinking of starting a catering business and wanted some advice as far as what sort of taxes i might come across. I have a clientele base already which is helpful. but I'm most worried about the cost of an llc. or unexpected taxes. Please help. Thanks All

2. uptownkevin

uptownkevin

Exp:
    Professional Caterer
    Hire an accountant.  Seriously, that is the best advice I can give you.  Second best advice I can give is not to take financial or tax advice from anyone on the internet. 

3. chefbillyb

chefbillyb

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Hi Chef welcome to CT, Taxes are different in every City/County. You will need to form a LLC, get a Tax ID #, Liability Ins, City Lic, and Health dept lic/permit, Health cards, If you have employees you may need Workman's comp ins, pay taxes and unemployment ins on them, you will pay Quarterly taxes, sales taxes and some places State taxes, it all depends on your State/County/City................The best........ChefBillyB

4. chefedb

chefedb

Exp:
    Retired Chef
    Depends on your location , but to give you example in NYC even your refrigeration is taxed yearly by the amount of compressors you have . You name it they will tax it.Oh yes the refrig tax goes to the firemens welfare fund even though some of them are making over 70,000 year. Owning the business you dont make that they should pay you welfare.