Carrot Cake Chaos

Discussion in 'Pastries & Baking' started by Lindyloo, Feb 15, 2019.

1. Lindyloo

Lindyloo

Exp:
    Carrot cake
    Hi guys. New here. Looking for some advice. I’ve been trying to make a Slimming World friendly carrot cake and failing miserably. Others have made this cake following this recipe but mine will not work and hoping someone here will know why.

Recipe is:-

100g Plain Flour
    1tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
    2 eggs lightly beaten
    150ml skimmed milk
    2 tbsp cinnamon
    2 tbsp allspice
    2 tbsp ginger
    3 large carrots coarsely grated
    2 tsp orange zest
    6-8 tbsp sweetener.

Preheat oven to 180°. Line a medium non-stick tin with baking parchment.

Place the flour and bicarbonate of soda in a bowl, and add the eggs, milk, spices, carrots, sweetener and orange zest. Mix well, then spoon into the prepared tin. Bake in the oven for 40-45 mins, until golden and cooked through. Remove from the oven and leave to cool in the tin for about 10 mins then turn out onto a rack and allow to cool completely.

The successful ones I’ve seen are a nice golden colour and fluffy consistency, mine is dense and very very dark as well as being totally uncooked in the middle. Where am I going wrong?

2. Lindyloo

Lindyloo

Exp:
    Carrot cake
    Hi Aaale ,

Thanks for that. Will try turning the oven down. The tin I use is the exact same size as the one someone who can make it uses so I know I’ve got that right. As for the 3 large carrots - mine are getting smaller and smaller every time. It’s driving me crazy. Bring on attempt number 8! X