Car-b-que

Joined May 26, 2001
For anyone interested, check the last several posts (before 2/4/02) on the "Corn Meal & Mussels??" thread for the start of this topic.

Peachcreek: weren't you worried about safety? Either food safety, or car -- maybe someone would smash your window to get at the burritos??

Joined Nov 20, 2000
Suzanne since you don't have a car perhaps you could consider, Bike-b-cue, bus-be-cue (aka publictransportation-be-cue) boat-be-cue or for the young up and coming chefs trike-be-cue:D

Joined May 26, 2001
Actually, for me it could be a vacation treat, since we usually rent a car to drive to Vermont each summer. Right up there with my only chance to grill outside over real coals, as opposed to faking it inside with a cast-iron grill pan.

Hey, that's a thought! Come August, we can cook something on the dashboard AND in the engine, so that when we arrive we'll just have to make a salad and, voila`, dinner! Thanks!

Still trying to figure out how to:
  • subway-b-que
  • trolley-b-que
  • streetcar-b-que (as you desire?)
  • monorail-b-que
  • light-rail-b-que
  • skate-b-que
Wait, skate-b-que should be easy, except that you need a REALLY fresh pair of skates.;)

Joined Nov 20, 2000
Subway-be-que...easy. Wrap anything in foil place on 3rd rail, don't touch it and step back. When the air pressure from the train knocks it off go out and pick it up. Share with the rats and the homeless down there. Just watch out for that nasty 3rd rail.

Trolly-be-cue Tape your package to the inside convex portion of the wheel and the friction should bake it nicely. Serve with some San Fransisco Sourdough since most likely that's where you'll be.

Streetcar-be-cue See Trolly-be-cue

Monorail-be-cue This is best for air drying things like Salamis, dried fish and beef jerky.

Lightrail-be-que Don't use foil, think microwave cooking. Similar to Bullet train-be-cue.

Skate-be-cue, you're right. Freshly grilled is best. Some people like it with buerre noisette de screeching tire and capers ala been in the car too long.

Joined May 26, 2001
Wait a minute! Of all people, YOU should have even more to say about skate. Or maybe whenever you make it, it comes out as tough as a puck??????

Joined Nov 20, 2000
Okay for skate-be-cue I defer to my friend Charlie Chaplin. Braised Skate leather makes a soft flank steak like dish, a side of skatelace spaghetti, just spit out the eyelets.

Top Bottom