Candy chef

Discussion in 'The Late Night Cafe (off-topic)' started by bdwillms, Jan 6, 2002.

1. bdwillms

bdwillms

Hello all:bounce:
    There is a T.V. commercial up here in Canada that advertizes Tide and features a Belgian candy chef that is working in Calgary Alberta and gets his clothes dirty .He uses Tide to clean them.
    I wonder if anybody else has seen this commercial and if this man is a real candy chef,or the whole commercial is a ficticious story line and this man is an actor posing as a candy chef.
    Any thoughts all you chefs out there?Is this man one of you?:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

2. isa

isa

I think his name is Bernard Callebaut. You can visit his website by clicking here.

3. chrose

chrose

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    I haven't seen the commercial though I'd like to, but I think 99% of the time actors are used. Can't take the chance that one of us real life schmucks will throw a wrench into the works! Not to mention that I really can't see a Belgian Chef who's any good that would allow himself to be viewed as a cochon, even if he was!

4. mezzaluna

mezzaluna

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Right, Adam. Remember our Date Chef?? :p

5. chrose

chrose

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Alright I'm embarrassed, and I hate to admit, but ?????? I'm confused:eek: :confused:

6. cape chef

cape chef

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Mezz, So funny!!!
    I haven't thought about the "date chef"in over a year:D

7. chrose

chrose

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Never mind I got ya, I don't have a recollection from that era! But I looked and can't find him, maybe he went back to San Francisco;)

8. momoreg

momoreg

Exp:
    Professional Pastry Chef
    Funny you should mention Tide...

I had a chef friend years ago who was in a commercial for Tide. I was surprised at the time that they didn't use an actor.

9. chrose

chrose

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    **** glad I didn't say 100%:D