Canadian Red Seal Exam

Discussion in 'Professional Chefs' started by chefchris2255, Mar 10, 2011.

1. chefchris2255

chefchris2255

Exp:
    Sous Chef
    Hello fellow Chefs,

I am new to this site and am hoping that I can get some advice or mock tests to write the red seal exam in Canada.  I am re-reading the Professional Cooking for Canadian Chefs textbook I studied in culinary school but don't have any other sources of information.

I have heard that a lot of the questions on the test are based on hands on experience.  The chef that I work with has had his certificate for quite some time so he doesn't have a lot of input on this.

Also, does anyone know if the Cook Apprenticeship book has to be completely filled out and signed.  I have all of the required hours but don't have the book completed signed off.

Any help is greatly appreciated,

Chris

2. chefgord

chefgord

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Most of the test is commonsense kitchen stuff.

It's a randomly generated set of questions from some information bank. As long as you're solid on the fundamentals you'll be fine.

When i went in for it i studied up my meatcutting a bit(just wasn't using it enough to be sharp on it...).

Cannot help you with apprenticeship part. I challenged the test. I got my roe's together & sent them to the ita.