Canadian Culinary Schools

Joined Apr 28, 2003
The Toronto Star posted an article on various cooking schools public and private from big institutions to small home based. I think its worth looking into my Canadian chef bretherens...
:chef:

Joined Jan 26, 2002
Interesting list of schools...one that was not listed is the Culinary Arts School of Ontario in Mississauga

Joined Oct 1, 2003
and another that i dont remember seing is the Southen Alberta Institute of Technology. Sait.ab.ca . they have a good cooking programs, from the home cook tothe professionnal wanna be. i did the pro cooking class and liked it. really good program if you never really cooked before and kinda good program if you lot of experience.

food for thought.

petack

Joined Dec 4, 2003
Another school I didn't see on that list from the Toronto Star was Vancouver Community College. http://www.vcc.bc.ca I attended and graduated from the Culinary Arts program here, and I must say, I am glad I did. Every instructor (there are about 25) are metal winners in some sort of competition, and 5 of them are on or have been on Team Canada. This says a lot in itself. It is a 12 month program where everything from Breakfast cookery, to banquets, to baking, and butchery is covered. I also must say I was very pleased at the cost, compared to some of the Private schools/acadamies around.

Latest posts

Top Bottom