Canada or US ??

Joined May 28, 2017
Hi my name is Andres , I'm from Colombia and I'm an international student . So, i got accepted in Vancouver Canada in Northwest culinary academy for one year program. In the other hand I found a community college in Albuquerque New Mexico (CNM) , they have a two year program , but haven't been accepted there . I don't know what school and city will be better for my future as a chef. Thanks

Joined May 28, 2017
For both of them I need a student visa , but in Canada after a certain amount of time I can apply for the residence

Joined Feb 8, 2009
I'm located in the Pacific Northwest about 250 miles from Vancouver, BC. You could find any kind of restaurant in Vancouver. That being said, I think the school would offer a more wide range concept of teaching about different kinds of cuisines. Vancouver is also a great town with lots of hustle and bustle. In Albuquerque New Mexico the town is more of a local Southwest cuisine with many of the restaurants reflecting the foods of the area. If I'm trying to get the most out of a school, I would pick the more diverse area of the world to learn and practice it. I'm not saying you won't learn these in Albuquerque New Mexico. I'm just saying there's a better chance of getting a more international approach in a diverse international city. Vancouver would also give you a great choice of job opportunities while your learning your trade. Canada has great people and a very welcoming country........Good luck........ChefBillyB

Top Bottom