Can you recomend a great seafood rest. in Chicago?

Discussion in 'Restaurant Reviews' started by w.debord, Aug 26, 2001.

1. w.debord

w.debord

I know I'm running out of time, I'm looking for a great place to take my folks for a big wedding aniversary next weekend anywhere around or in Chicago (just imed. family not a large party). I've read all the picks from the news papers, James Ward, digital city, etc...

A couple names pop up over and over, yet when I read the part where people can add their personal reviews they seem to really disagree with the food critic or seem wrong for what I know my parents enjoy.

My Dad dies for main lobster and not too fussy of a meal. Nice, but quality in cooking and service over atmosphere. Nothing that would leave non-gourmets perplexed or hungry.

PLEASE HELP ME??????????

Whats DEFINATELY out, places they didn't like:

Bob Chins
    Shaws Crab House (both burbs and city)
    ALL Chain restaurants!

:confused:

2. cape chef

cape chef

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Hi Wendy,
    These are some places I found in Zagats.com

Oceanque
    302 West
    Atlantique
    Mon Ami Gabi
    Nicks Fish Market
    Shaws crab house
    You can click on these restaurant on zagats and they will give a review.
    These places all seemed pretty good.
    Good luck
    This year for my folks will be 55 years :)
    cc

3. w.debord

w.debord

Thanks Cape Chef, I did see those same places in all my references. I got really dissapointed when you get to the part where they let people post their opinions. Alot said they let still hungry (bad issue with parents) and most slammed the service at the top places.

I seen several people post from this area, I'm really hoping someone has a first hand experience at a top place they can recommend....?

4. david jones

david jones

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    It may be too late, but I've eaten well at Shaw's in the last year or so.... I might give Joe's Stone Crab a try, too. Both are LEYE restaurants, so it will at least be a "good" experience if not a life-changing experience.

What about Surf and Turf at Gibsons?