Can you edit your post without creating a new post?

Discussion in 'Report Site Problems' started by Guest, Oct 21, 2010.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

When I responded to a forum post, I noticed I made a mistake in my post after posting it. So I hit the Edit button, corrected the mistake, and submitted it. Then the edited post appeared as a new post, and my first post was still there, no change made to it. But I know this is not how editing your own post should work... maybe that happens in a certain condition?

Editing now... does this appear in the original post?

---

2nd edit. Okay so editing works just fine. I'm pretty sure I hit the Edit when I encountered this problem... hmm weird...

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2010
  2. phatch

phatch Moderator Staff Member

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    You can edit and it shouldn't create a new reply.

You might have clicked back too many times and resubmitted a post. I've done that a time or two.

Or misclicked. Happens to the best of us.

3. c0ffeemom

c0ffeemom

Exp:
    Private Chef
    I have similar question...how can i edit a post a thread that I started?  I want to update without adding another reply on a lengthy thread.  I don't even see an "EDIT" button???

4. HellaSteph

HellaSteph Staff Member

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    Hello, to be very clear on this: editing a post or thread is not allowed after 24 hours. We appreciate your cooperation with our community guidelines. 

5. panini

panini

Exp:
    Owner/Operator
    @COffeemom,

After you post there will be a small pencil icon on the bottom left for editing.

6. c0ffeemom

c0ffeemom

Exp:
    Private Chef
    Thanks!