can pie fling

Joined Feb 4, 2005
Is there a way of thicking this up so when you cut a piece it all doesn't run out. I'm thinking for Christmas morning making a pan cake bake, cookie crumb base covered by layer cream cheese covered by pie filling toped with pan cake batter. Its then cooked in oven, tried it with pan cake batter bottom pie filling center and pan cake batter top but pie filling dropped to bottom and when sliced blueberries filling ran over pan. Canned pie flling makes it easy and saves time besides buleberrys are being ear marked for scones. Not sure which pie5 filling going to use, blueberry, apple, apple Carmel or cherry.

Joined Feb 4, 2005
Cream cheese filling wll be like cheese cake, cream cheese,egg,sugar. cheese cake is 325 degrees for 55 minutes while pan cake bake is 350 degrees for 30 minutes so which time should i follow. You understand the physics of cooking better than me so anyone see a problem with my receipe and give me a pointer

Joined Sep 17, 2018
So this is a cheesecake essentially? If you are making a cream cheese based filling over cookie crumb crust I would just bake that and top with a can of your pie filling after it is cooled and let it set. I see no reason to add it to the batter before hand to cook.

Joined Feb 4, 2005
So this is a cheesecake essentially? If you are making a cream cheese based filling over cookie crumb crust I would just bake that and top with a can of your pie filling after it is cooled and let it set. I see no reason to add it to the batter before hand to cook.
Fgured the crumb bottom would prevent fruit dropping to bottom of pan. I would add cream cheese layer as cushion between crumbs and fruit with topping of maple flavored pan cake batter makes nice airy top. It would cook in same pan together holding its layer which I'm guessing 325 at 55 minutes would be slow & low working out best. This would be cooken night before left in fridge and warmed next day.

Joined Dec 18, 2010
Three layers: crumb, cheese and fruit filling, and cake... right?

I’d bake the crumb, cool, layer with a gelatin-thickened no-bake cheesecake filling and fruit. Bake the cake layer separately and, when cool, lay it on the filling. Personally, I’d flip the whole pan so the crispy crumb layer is on top and slice into portions... rectangles like a French pastry.

Joined Feb 23, 2020
Three layers: crumb, cheese and fruit filling, and cake... right?

I’d bake the crumb, cool, layer with a gelatin-thickened no-bake cheesecake filling and fruit. Bake the cake layer separately and, when cool, lay it on the filling. Personally, I’d flip the whole pan so the crispy crumb layer is on top and slice into portions... rectangles like a French pastry.
I reckon that Brian is right. As long as the cheesecake filling is baked differently it is best and a more safe option to do so. A both tender and flaky pate sablee for instance with a no-bake cheesecake filling and fruit (why not dditionally flavoured with zest,alcohol etc) is irresistible.
Should you make it that way, you could make and a fruit curd with the can fruit. It's not into the point, i just go wild with my imagination.

Joined Feb 4, 2005
I was looking at a bunt cake recipe with cream cheese filling and its pretty much what I'm doing just adding fruit layer. Instead of cookies crumb i have those cookies used in tiramisu cake i could use that as bottom layer.
I don't think you really see what I'm doing, not making a cheese cake but new breakfest treat in one pan. Nothing different than pancake house has done I'm just combining into one pan everything easier instead putting together after fact. Could take it further by using egg nog for pan cake batter.

Last edited:
Joined Dec 18, 2010
I’m confused. Are you thinking about something like a pan-style cheese Danish ?

more a breakfast trifle in a pan?

Joined Feb 4, 2005
I made test version today, cooking now. I took them Italian cookies and dipped in egg nog lined bottom of pan. Covered with cream cheese mix covered that with caramel apple pie filling then topped with maple pancake batter. Cooked 325 for 55 minutes covered with aluminum foil to keep pancake from burning. Just checked panccake topping needed more time so add 20 more minutes using convection toaster oven. Really looking for easy way to make pancakes and saw pancake bake made it once turned out fine so taking to next level for Christmas while burning through fridge & pantry supplies.

Last edited:
Joined Sep 17, 2018
I made test version today, cooking now. I took them Italian cookies and dipped in egg nog lined bottom of pan. Covered with cream cheese mix covered that with caramel apple pie filling then topped with maple pancake batter. Cooked 325 for 55 minutes covered with aluminum foil to keep pancake from burning. Just checked panccake topping needed more time so add 20 more minutes using convection toaster oven. Really looking for easy way to make pancakes and saw pancake bake made it once turned out fine so taking to next level for Christmas while burning through fridge & pantry supplies.
I cant' even wrap my head around what this thing is.

Top Bottom