can i bake chiffon cake on a regular pan???

Discussion in 'Food & Cooking' started by asiringchef, Apr 28, 2011.

1. asiringchef

asiringchef

Exp:
    Just Graduated From Culinary School
    my sis' birthday is next week and i want to make her a chocolate chiffon cake.. i don't have a tube pan.. i have regular rectangular pans though. from the most recipes i read on the net, they used round or tube pans for rising purposes. is it okay use regular pans? thank you :D how bout a great choco chiffon recipe too? haha. thanks! :D

2. dobzre

dobzre

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Rules rules rules.... Bake it in a regular pan and trim the excess if its that imperative.

Water (boiling) 2 oz

Chocolate 2.5 oz

Egg Yolks 2 oz

Canola Oil 1.5 oz

Vanilla 1/2 tsp

Cake Flour 3 oz

Baking Powder 1/8 oz

Baking Soda 1/8 tsp

Sugar # 1 3.5 oz

Egg Whites 3 1/4 oz

Sugar # 2 1.5 oz

Cream of Tartar 1/3 tsp

1 Pour boiling water over chocolate, let sit for 1 minute. Whisk to emulsify.

2 Combine flour, BS, BP and sugar #1 in a bowl.

3 Add egg yolks, oil, and vanilla to chocolate and whisk in.

4. Combine dry and wet to make a smooth batter.

5 Combine sugar # 2 with cream of tartar, and add to egg whites. Beat to soft peaks.

6 Fold Whites into batter in 3 stages.

7 Bake at 350 30-25 minutes.

8 Cool, unmold and pour on ganache (if you feel so inclined) and allow to drip down the sides for visual effect.

Ganache for glazing

Heavy Cream 6 oz

Chocolate (Chopped) 8 oz

Corn Syrup 2 oz

1 Bring cream to a boil with syrup and pour over chocolate, let set for about 30 seconds.

2 With an immersion blender, blend mixture until smooth. (don't pump the immersion blender up and down pulse briefly to get it going and a vortex with form, you don't want to force air into it by pumping up and down). Let cool until thick but still pour-able.