Can anyone recommend an inexpensive vacuum sealer?

Joined Oct 9, 2008
I love sous vide cooking, but I've been doing it exclusively with water displacement. Time to upgrade to real vacuum sealing--but which machine?

For home use
Not expensive
Durable

Planning to ask as a Christmas present.

Ideas?

Joined Sep 26, 2017
Anything FoodSaver is reliable and affordable. Anything cheaper than this won't do a good job.

Joined Jun 27, 2012
The price of vac sealers went thru the roof when SV hit the scene.
Like the price of skirt steak (fajitas) and brisket (BBQ) as soon as the sales went up the price followed.
Supply and demand I 's'pose.
Back OT...my FoodSaver has been in use for 12 years and other than a hiccup with the heat sealer thingee has been a real workhorse.
Valuable asset in my war on the grocery budget.
I will recommend buying a model with the least plastic parts if there is such an animal.

mimi

Joined Aug 28, 2017
I have an Oliso Vacuum sealer that I absolutely love! It provides far more suction than any of the food savers and is very compact and easy to use. Highly highly recommended.

Joined Nov 8, 2017
I love sous vide cooking, but I've been doing it exclusively with water displacement. Time to upgrade to real vacuum sealing--but which machine?

For home use
Not expensive
Durable

Planning to ask as a Christmas present.

Ideas?

THANK YOU chrislehrer for posting this topic! I have the exact same question.

The maximum I have to spend on a vacuum sealer is $60 not including extra bags. I have never done sous vide cooking but if I had a vacuum sealer I might try it. There are many FoodSaver models that fall within my budget. Which one should I pick? And if not a FoodSaver.... ?????

Thank you anyone who cares to reply.

Top Bottom