Chef Forum banner

Can anyone identify this cake?

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  bubblegumdancer 
#1 ·
Hello, does anyone know what kind of cake these kids are eating?

See less See more
#2 ·
First of all, why do you want to know? They don't look too happy about it! /img/vbsmilies/smilies/lol.gif

My guess is that it;s yellow cake with chocolate chips, and a thin chocolate glaze.

#4 ·
German chocolate cake? Looks to me like the cake is chocolate and it's got that glazy coconut frosting that can look yellowish depending on the light.

#5 ·
German chocolate cake? Looks to me like the cake is chocolate and it's got that glazy coconut frosting that can look yellowish depending on the light.
I think they;re holding the slices sideways, and the part on top is the cut side of the cake. Has no shine to it

#8 ·
Is there a prize for the right answer? /img/vbsmilies/smilies/lookaround.gif
Ummm... cake? :D

I am pretty sure that they are German kids, very possible.

First of all, why do you want to know? They don't look too happy about it! /img/vbsmilies/smilies/lol.gif

My guess is that it;s yellow cake with chocolate chips, and a thin chocolate glaze.
Just thought I might want to make it.

Finally .....that perfect yellow cake ! (with chocolate icing)

as stated above.

lemon/chocolate ?

The pan has me curious.........why are they eating it out of a cake pan ? Project brought to school ?
Sorry, I don't know anything about the picture itself.

So you guys think:

A. German chocolate cake with coconut frosting.

B. Yellow Cake with chocolate chips and thin chocolate glaze.

C. Lemon/Chocolate cake.

And technically the "Chocolate chips" could happen to be any kind of nut, too, right?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.