campfire pizza

Joined Jun 14, 2011
As stated before, the key here is not using open flame but coals. You're trying to heat the crust, not light it on fire.

Joined Jun 25, 2011
So glad I saw this thread.  I had asked in an earlier post if anyone had any tips about grilling pizza on a BBQ grill.  Think I might have better luck with charcoal but I'll keep experimenting with gas.

Joined Oct 13, 2011
I imported this from the US and believe it is the only one Down Under.

It is not a Weber accessory and  can only be bought on Amazon. I use it on my Weber Performer.

A Kettle Pizza Oven - works well:

Last edited:
Joined Oct 11, 2011
I did this when I was backpacking in Cali. above Camarillo in the hills. We just used a barbaque rack and held it at a decent distance, it cooked great for us, although we did burn the crust a little on the edges.

Joined Jun 16, 2007
When I first read this I thought of a very large terra cotta pot. I was thinking "almost a tandoor", and then I realized that's not what you were talking about /img/vbsmilies/smilies/smile.gif Plus, I'd like a picture of anyone taking a really big flowerpot in/on a backpack. /img/vbsmilies/smilies/rollsmile.gif

Last edited:
Joined Oct 6, 2012
You can make a good campfire/camp stove pizza with a frying pan and a cast iron lid. That's what I use anyway and it always turns out nice. Basically just stick the cast iron lid on the fire or over a stove till it's really hot, heat the frying pan up then put the pizza in it with the lid on. Cooks nicely in about 5-10 mins.

Joined Apr 24, 2014
We make tortilla pizzas all the time.  Tortilla, sauce, cheese, toppings, another tortilla.  wrap in foil and place on grill and cook til golden brown.

Top Bottom