Cake/doughnut packaging

Joined Aug 25, 2021
Hi guys, I’m opening a bake house/takeaway next week, I’m looking for the best price and quality boxes to buy for cakes and doughnuts,

could anyone point me in the right direction, things are so pricey

Cheers
Dave

Joined Oct 31, 2012
I'm sure any of the paper goods suppliers can provide a product to suit your needs. The question is what are your needs? Price and quality will depend on which box you want to use; plain, colored, with your logo on it, fancy gift boxes, etc. Will one size fit all or will you want boxes for different amounts of product? Which products are you boxing? Will a brown paper bag do for some purchases or do all purchases go in boxes? Is this for wholesale or retail?
There are plenty of choices out there. What works for someone else may not work for you.

Joined Oct 10, 2005
Opening next week, huh? Cheapest option is to buy plain 8x8x4 cake boxes—available through most bakery suppliers, broadliners, or, gawd forbid—uline, and then get yourself a rubber stamp made up with your logo, address, contact details, etc. You just rubber stamp your boxes.

Next cheapest option is stickers on a plain white box. This takes a bit of time and you need to order ( or print) stickers in minimum 500 pc lots, the more you order, the cheaper the price drops— difference between 200 pcs and 1000 pcs will be almost 70%.

For in-store sales plain labeling will do. If you want to wholesale, you’ll need a barcode and ingredient list which is usually incorporated in the label or box.

Joined Aug 25, 2021
Opening next week, huh? Cheapest option is to buy plain 8x8x4 cake boxes—available through most bakery suppliers, broadliners, or, gawd forbid—uline, and then get yourself a rubber stamp made up with your logo, address, contact details, etc. You just rubber stamp your boxes.

Next cheapest option is stickers on a plain white box. This takes a bit of time and you need to order ( or print) stickers in minimum 500 pc lots, the more you order, the cheaper the price drops— difference between 200 pcs and 1000 pcs will be almost 70%.

For in-store sales plain labeling will do. If you want to wholesale, you’ll need a barcode and ingredient list which is usually incorporated in the label or box.
Yes next week 😅 excited and nervous I just hope it works. Any advice from anyone would be useful, ways to cut time cooking, handy equipment etc? I’m either going to get snowed under quickly or not sell enough haha

Latest posts

Top Bottom