Chef Forum banner

Buttercream troubles

1K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Jing Nan Cheong 
#1 ·
I have really hot hands. Piping buttercream flowers is fine until I get to the last bit in the bag. I need a buttercream recipe that can withstand heat and is also smooth (not shortening american buttercream). And I've already tried the unthinkable and made an Italian meringue buttercream with shortening thinking it'll be heat stable - it's really nasty and goopy.

I am just wondering if anyone has like a secret recipe for heat stable buttercream that's not very mainstream or heard about that can possibly help my case.

#3 ·
Happens to me as well.
Where you hold the bag, the warm hands also warm that very last bit in the bag.
What I do is only squeeze up until that point, (where the frostings starts to get gooey)
then place the bag in the fridge for 5-10 minutes and have a second pastry bag and tip to continue on. Then change off as needed.

#5 ·
Happens to me as well.
Where you hold the bag, the warm hands also warm that very last bit in the bag.
What I do is only squeeze up until that point, (where the frostings starts to get gooey)
then place the bag in the fridge for 5-10 minutes and have a second pastry bag and tip to continue on. Then change off as needed.
There really is no getting around hot hands is there 😭

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.