Butter fun facts

Joined Sep 16, 2009
Really? that's awesome information. they feed like for how many times and day? to make the meat turns yellow? or they will feed it from birth to slaughter.

Joined May 29, 2006
Normally from 2 weeks and up.. Also farm raised salmon are fed carrots to make them orange colored as they are white in color when farm raised unlike wild salmon.:chef:

Joined Apr 3, 2010
Now if you buy prepackaged salmon  fresh or smoked in the market it must state artificially colored or color added.

Joined Aug 25, 2009
There are many recipes floating around in cyber but I have not tried them of yet. There seems to be a controversy over it (which French restaurant perfected it....so-on)

@ Dave : I am a fan of butter but the other word that starts with "M" (we won't mention the word) came up with a beautiful sculpture.

"Last November, Vipula Athukorale, 47, won a gold medal for his unusual Victorian street scene at a world food sculpting competition in Luxembourg."

Joined Apr 9, 2012
ha, does that also make the yolks yellower? i heard they feed something to chickens here to make eggs to use in fettuccine
Oats and a good ranged diet will do this.  I always gave my chickens and ducks whole oats.  The yolks were pretty much orange. It's a visual adjustment for some, especially when you make mayo with them. :D  The eggs will also gain the aroma/flavor of the water and feed if those are strong.  Like the eggs in Guatemala City I had at a small place smelled just like the open sewer water the hens were drinking...lovely.

Last edited:
Top Bottom