Burpee catalog

pete

Staff member
Joined Oct 7, 2001
Just got the Burpee catalog in the mail the other day. Got me itching to start planning out our flower garden around the house. Last fall I surprised Wanda (when she went away for the weekend) and dug a flowerbed around 1/3 of our house. Planted a dwarf Japanese Maple, a Lilac, and a China Boy, China Girl Holly bush so that they could overwinter. Wanda planted some bulbs, but now we have to fill in the rest and I can't wait to get started, even though there is still snow on the ground (not much) and the ground is still frozen solid!!

Also planning on a herb and vegetable garden for the Club. Luckily, we have the Grounds & Greens guys who will do all the digging for me so all I have to do is plant, tend, harvest, etc. I get off pretty easy on that one!!

Joined Dec 30, 1999
Pete,

That was so sweet of you, the flowerbed... How is it growing?

What are you growing in your herb and vegetable garden?

pete

Staff member
Joined Oct 7, 2001
right now all we have growing in the beds are a few hollys, a lilac bush (Wanda's favorite), a japanese maple and a bunch of bulbs. I am hoping to get going on section to use as an herb garden soon.

Joined Nov 21, 2001
dear pete,
try here www.whiteflowerfarm.com for some inspiration. some of the prices will shock you ($600 for a lady slipper!) but the catalogue can give you some ideas as to what to look for in your local nurseries.
kat

Latest posts

Top Bottom