Buffet Labels

Discussion in 'Professional Catering' started by cmdiesing, Nov 18, 2012.

1. cmdiesing

cmdiesing

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Hi Everyone, 

Wanted to hear about some creative ways people have labeled food items on a buffet.

I'm a Country Club chef with a service staff thats uninterested in improving buffet presentation, so I will. 

Im looking for something relatively inexpensive and something that I can print. Something easy for me to do on the fly. ...I'd like to avoid "Merinara Sauce " and  "Potatoe Moose" which were both used in the last week. Something easy for me to do on the fly. 

Does anyone have a template that they use on Word?

Thanks!

2. petemccracken

petemccracken

Exp:
    Professional Chef
  3. cmdiesing

cmdiesing

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Thanks Pete, I used Avery for my Thanksgiving buffet labels...they came out great!

4. durangojo

durangojo

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    i use different sized write on signage i purchased from Hubert restaurant supply... there are many design options and  materials to choose from....ceramic, stoneware and metal as well as a full color palette of markers...works great, looks great and it takes less time to write a sign then to do it on the computer and laminate.....and, if it matters, you'll be going 'greener' by using less paper, ink and plastic...

joey

Last edited: Dec 7, 2012
  5. valenciajay

valenciajay

Exp:
    Professional Caterer
    sweet. thanks!

6. chefedb

chefedb

Exp:
    Retired Chef
    IF the service staff is that uncaring, it hurts you and your efforts. Replace 1 or 2 of them and it will amaze you how the rest of them will toe the line. Let it be known why the 2 were dismissed, In a country club with a constant captured clientel  service is extremely important. This is what the guest expects and this is what they should receive, 

Last edited: Dec 12, 2012