Buffalo chicken dip

Discussion in 'Food & Cooking' started by teresa, Dec 23, 2011.

Buffalo chicken Dip

Poll closed Dec 24, 2011.
  1. 1. layer it

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 2 mix it all together

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. teresa

teresa

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Ok I have seen many variations to this recipe.  For those of you who have had it, do you like it better layered or mixed all up. I am going to go with the most popular.

Basically it is

chicken, hot sauce, cream cheese, ranch  or blue cheese dressing and cheddar cheese.

2. phatch

phatch Moderator Staff Member

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    I've never had it but I think I'd prefer it layered.

3. chef deselms

chef deselms

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Either way would look pretty and either way would taste the same...... makes me want wings now. YUM!!!

4. xerp

xerp

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    When I make it I normally used a buffalo sauce, Cream cheese, and some Cheddar or Monteray Jack blends with it... Then I just grill and minced the chicken fresh and fold it in before serving... You can make the dip by precooking and grinding the hell out of it with a food processor but I think the texture tends to be way to grainy that way, although the flavor it still good... Its just kind of like eating buffalo cheese dip with catfood mixed in if you do it that way x.x

5. teresa

teresa

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    I ended up layering it .  Those that had it mixed all together before liked it better layed .  They said they could taste the grilled seasoned flavor of the chicen better.  Since I have nothing to compare to I will have to try it blended some day.  Happy New Year everyone

6. chefhow

chefhow

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    My sister in law makes it for EVERY family gathering, puts it all in a crock pot and in 45 mins its done.