Bryant wines

Discussion in 'Pairing Food and Wine' started by shroomgirl, Jun 21, 2002.

1. shroomgirl

shroomgirl

Exp:
    Professional Caterer
    Ok CC....what do you know about Bryant Vineyards in CA? I saw Barbara last week at the market and she said one btl was auctioned off for $110,000 for a charity auction. I'm clueless as to what they raise/make......can you fill me in?

2. cape chef

cape chef

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Shroom,

Bryant vineyards is a very respected vineyard.they produce a number of award winning wine and are also known as one of the forerunners of developing disease resisitent vines.

Shroom, the only wine they produce that I can think of that would fetch such big $$$ is there Bryant family vineyard napa Cabernet. This must have been a signed bottle of maybe the 97 vintage in a large format (double magnum or larger) just my guess.seeing it was an auction i'm not suprised to that kind of mony plopped down.
    cc

3. shroomgirl

shroomgirl

Exp:
    Professional Caterer
    3 liter btl. don't know the vintage nor varietal....we were talking about writing a cookbook, having a benefit and picking blueberries. Charity auction, apparently the other wines were in cases, she was pretty amazed it went for so much. ME too.

4. fodigger

fodigger

There is a auction in Napa every yr that fetches huge amounts of money. I think the record was set acouple of yrs ago when I guy pd 775 grand for a 3 bottle verticle from some small winery in Napa. Mostly . com'ers w/ too much money but at least the money goes to charity.