Breakfast, lunch, dinner, supper ... what are you cooking?

Discussion in 'Food & Cooking' started by oregonyeti, Sep 16, 2010.

1. oregonyeti

oregonyeti

Exp:
    Home Cook
    What did you have, or what have you got going?

2. dc sunshine

dc sunshine

Exp:
    Other
    Umm got to admit, we're getting takeout tonight.  Work has been long and hard, so I'm on strike!

Last night was a bit of a disaster.  Had some blue steak, roasted hassselback potatoes, then - aargh - had roasted off a load of winter veg, went to take them up to the table.  Darn bowl slipped out of my hand, shattered everywhere /img/vbsmilies/smilies/frown.gif   Had to whip up some mixed frozen veg.  Luckily had not started the steaks yet - whew,  Turned up ok I guess.

Making chicken stock today, so tomorrow may be chicken and noodle soup then linguini and meatballs in a tomato/garlic sauce and some crunchy baguettes, with a tossed salad to go with.

P.S. Nicko - why did we have to restart this thread?  Just curious......,,I for one was quite happy with it as it was.

3. gummy-bear

gummy-bear

Exp:
    s:12:"At home cook";
    School, work, and moving out has been kicking my butt so I haven't been cooking since I've been home from China. I've decided it's been too long though so I went a little crazy at the grocery store tonight /img/vbsmilies/smilies/blushing.gif

This weeks menu includes beautiful ribeyes that are thawing as I type, Thai lettuce wraps, basil chicken, rosemary chicken with a sweet orange sauce, and fajitas.

I picked up some Jicama at the store but don't quite know what to do with it. Suggestions?

4. emilyhe

emilyhe

Exp:
    Home Chef
    Usually when i get back from work i'll cook some meatballs in home....