boy, I am tired preparing for my Christmas Party :)

Discussion in 'Food & Cooking' started by prettycake, Dec 6, 2012.

1. prettycake

prettycake Banned

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    I made 75 veggie empanadas, 65 Chicken Tamales.. I have 8 desserts to make .  I knew that the Tamales and Empanadas are very time consuming that is why I made them now for next week and they are in the freezer.. 

I am also making Sweet corn Tamalitos, two spiral hams w/ honey and pineapple.  For desserts they will be French macarons, home made marshmallows; Red velvet and cheesecake in one (whole cake); chocolate crackle cookies;  lemon meringue tartlets; pumpkin pies and more...  Iam just tired.  But it is worth all my time and effort.  I am so excited for my Christmas party..

Last edited: Dec 6, 2012
  2. koukouvagia

koukouvagia

Exp:
    Home Cook
    Sounds fun, can I come?  I'll bring spinach phyllo triangles.

3. prettycake

prettycake Banned

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    sure if you want to come to California :)/img/vbsmilies/smilies/lol.gif

4. chefedb

chefedb

Exp:
    Retired Chef
    Try this on your hams. First cook them slowly. This is a glaze I use everyone loves it and its so simple. For 2 good size hams  1 pound light brown sugar about 1/2 cup deli brown mustard ,a sprinkle allspice, 1/2 cup honey  Make all into paste and put on the ham.. Let cool slightly before slicing.. Can be made well ahead and stored in frige.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2012
  5. koukouvagia

koukouvagia

Exp:
    Home Cook
    I skip the sugar, and add freshly grated ginger to that.  It's uhmazing.

Come to think, pineapples and ham is very retro, haven't seen that for a few decades eh?

6. prettycake

prettycake Banned

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Hi chefedb,  ooo,  I wil ltry this...this sounds so gooooodddd.. thank U  :)/img/vbsmilies/smilies/bounce.gif/img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif