Bonjour

Discussion in 'New User Introductions' started by in france, Mar 16, 2005.

1. in france

in france

Hello everybody,
    I have been reading your forum for about the last month....thank you for entertaining and educational threads. I love to cook, and wine ...go figure I would end up in the south of France. Anyhow, food, wine, and oh yeah...books, cookbooks, wine books, culinary history,etc...Thank you again for letting me learn a little about your passions. :)

2. booooze

booooze

Bonjour! Welcome to the site :)

3. mezzaluna

mezzaluna

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Bienvenue, In France. We're glad you found us and hope you visit often. I'm sure you're enjoying some wonderful food and wines! What are your favoirte dishes to cook from the market?

Welcome!
    Mezzaluna

4. in france

in france

When I go to the markets I let the markets dictate what I shall cook..Oh the markets... The first time I went to the Marche Forville in Cannes I just stood there mouth open with tears in my eyes. I have seen some beautiful markets in my time but never as in France.
    I did a dinner for 14 at my new home last weekend, did not know what I was going to cook until I saw the most beautiful mussels...Moules Mariniere.. with some fantastic baguettes.simple and wow!! Since there was several vegetarians and also did a veggie lasagna from scratch...roasting tomatoes with thyme and olive oil first, bell peppers too, and decided to roast eggplants and make a eggplant caviar to layer into the lasagna. I have found some amazing artisinal cheeses too that i used to bring it up a notch ot two....Fantastic flavors!!
    A note about the French, great people!!! I have had none of the negative experiences that I have heard/read about from others...They have become my friends, eaten my food, invited me into their homes, and helped me establish myself in the community. I feel very lucky and honoured :bounce: