Bone in center cut pork loin roasts

Discussion in 'Food & Cooking' started by rpooley, Jan 31, 2017.

1. rpooley

rpooley

Exp:
    Home Cook
    So, as a gift, I received three magnificent bone in center cut pork loin roasts which each have large portions of the tenderloin as well as the center cut loin roast. Almost seems like a roast of center cut chops, about 5-7 each. Am I doomed to separate everything or can I roast it whole? What would be your whole roasting technique? Thanks.

2. brianshaw

brianshaw

Exp:
    Former Chef
    You can do either. For holiday I love to roast the whole: salt, pepper, garlic, and herb d'provence.

If the chine bone isn't removed already that is worth doing. It makes carving much easier. Sometimes, though, I'll cut the meat off the bone and tie it back on before roasting. Another way to make carving easier but not as nice as having bone on each piece.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
  3. mike9

mike9

Exp:
    Former Chef
    Here's a funny story.  There's a grocery store I like that has a good meat department.  Once they had center cut chops on sale so I ask the butcher if I can get some as a roast.  He says sure and proceeds to take one, trim off a beautiful fat cap, saws off the chine and tosses it in the bin all lickity split.  I stop him and explain I'd like one untrimmed, cut the chine, but leave it with the roast.  He looked at me, smiled and gave me a /img/vbsmilies/smilies/thumb.gif.

That was a delicious roast.