bluenose grouper

Joined Jul 31, 2000
Chef Hayes, The two grouper species I am familar with are Black (very rare) and red. They each have sub Species Jewfish, Nassau,red,red hind, warsaw and yellow edge. A grouper in fact is one of over 400 kinds of sea bass (Serraind). The only other one I know is GAG or grey grouper,but it is not a true grouper. I am not familar with the blue grouper, so I can not answer for sure.
I hope this helps alittle
cc

Joined Jul 18, 2000
there is a blue groper in Aus - however im not really sure about the "trueness" of this groper.

Joined Jul 31, 2000
I just new there where GROPERS!! In Ausland

cc

Joined Jul 18, 2000
strange creature this blue groper, ive seen one cut open and even the bones have a bluish tinge.

Joined Dec 30, 1999
From what I can tell, the "bluenose grouper" is something that appears to me made up by some Chicago restauranteers for their menus. I can't find any species called this. I would be skeptical of whether it is really a grouper or not unless it is a "blue grouper".

The "blue grouper" which is a common coral reef food fish commonly sold in Hong Kong

You can find the picture here:
http://www.afcd.gov.hk/web/english/f...s/fish/f40.htm

Species summary here: http://www.fishbase.org/Summary/Spec...ame=cyanopodus

There is also a blue blue jewel grouper and blue striped grouper.

Joined Jul 31, 2000
What is this Bluenose Grouper....is it a seafood plot....is it really a fish. The term Grouper was added to the term Bluenose to help American's identify with the fish. Bluenose (Hyperoglyphe Antarctica)is actually from the rudderfish family species. It has a firm texture and medium color that whitens when cooked. It is only found in in New Zealand and Australia.

Joined Jul 18, 2000
hehe, crudeau, they swim around in schools of 5 , one is a construction worker, one is a military dude, one is a native american, one is a motorcycle cop and one just wears leather.

They hang around beats for fish near reefs, or cruise around in volvo station wagons with a baby capsule looking for "action".

Heh

Latest posts

Top Bottom