Bloody Mary Festival menu suggestions?

Joined Jan 22, 2018
Hey everyone!

I will be cooking at a Bloody Mary Festival here in WI May15th in my food trailer 11-2pm, expecting around 300 ppl, so far i'm the only food vendor. The event coordinator wants fast, "cheaper" food that goes good with bloody mary's. She had suggested loaded fries, cheese curds, something with bacon, she said this crowd will want fast, cheap "simpler" food, some options 5$ or under. Now I myself do not drink what so ever, i do know what a bloody mary is but I thought id ask if you all can suggest to me some menu options? My food trailer is known for smash burgers so I thought I should definitely have atleast one burger on the menu, possibly sliders? Thanks in advance everyone!!!! FYI labor cost is no concern to me, my family usually helps me out so my labor is free haha.

Joined Mar 1, 2017
How about a nacho variant that features ingredients like Wisconsin Cheddar, local bacon (or your own, if you have the time) and other locally produced ingredients etc.

Grilled cheese that also features Wisconsin cheese. You could add extra ingredients such as jalapenos, grilled onions, locally made mustard etc. It would be riff on grilled cheese with tomato soup. Instead of the soup, of course, the blood mary.

Definitely feature at least one of your burgers as a "special" to go with the bloody mary. I think sliders would be a fantastic idea. You could use the bloody mary mix miinus the booze, of course, to engineer a burger sauce. I think this would be a good fit since bloody mary mix really isn't anything more than spiced up tomato juice. The plain or spiced tomato juice would be a pretty good base for a unique and delicious burger sauce. ;-)

You could also do something like deep fried cheese curds with locally sourced cheeses, jalapeno poppers or a local favorite from my home town, salt potatoes.

What are salt potatoes? Glad you asked. They are nothing more than baby white potatoes (skins on) boiled in extremely salty water and served with a metric sh*t ton of melted butter. You could also use small red potatoes. The water cannot be too salty. In fact, the more salt, the better. Stay away from using yellow potatoes. Avoid using large potatoes like Russets and cutting them. The cut potato will absorb salt and become inedible.

The key is to let the potatoes soak in the brine after cooking so the skins will soak up some of the salt and when the potatoes are removed from the hot water, the evaporating water will leave behind a thin crust of salt crystals on the skin. The centers are extremely tender and soft. When the potato and butter meet, the result is nothing short of sublime.

Place fresh rosemary or other fragrant herbs in the reservoir of melting butter and garnish the potatoes with celery leaves to go with the celery stalk in the bloody mary, maybe??

Let us know what you decide. Good luck. :)

Joined Jan 22, 2018
How about a nacho variant that features ingredients like Wisconsin Cheddar, local bacon (or your own, if you have the time) and other locally produced ingredients etc.

Grilled cheese that also features Wisconsin cheese. You could add extra ingredients such as jalapenos, grilled onions, locally made mustard etc. It would be riff on grilled cheese with tomato soup. Instead of the soup, of course, the blood mary.

Definitely feature at least one of your burgers as a "special" to go with the bloody mary. I think sliders would be a fantastic idea. You could use the bloody mary mix miinus the booze, of course, to engineer a burger sauce. I think this would be a good fit since bloody mary mix really isn't anything more than spiced up tomato juice. The plain or spiced tomato juice would be a pretty good base for a unique and delicious burger sauce. ;-)

You could also do something like deep fried cheese curds with locally sourced cheeses, jalapeno poppers or a local favorite from my home town, salt potatoes.

What are salt potatoes? Glad you asked. They are nothing more than baby white potatoes (skins on) boiled in extremely salty water and served with a metric sh*t ton of melted butter. You could also use small red potatoes. The water cannot be too salty. In fact, the more salt, the better. Stay away from using yellow potatoes. Avoid using large potatoes like Russets and cutting them. The cut potato will absorb salt and become inedible.

The key is to let the potatoes soak in the brine after cooking so the skins will soak up some of the salt and when the potatoes are removed from the hot water, the evaporating water will leave behind a thin crust of salt crystals on the skin. The centers are extremely tender and soft. When the potato and butter meet, the result is nothing short of sublime.

Place fresh rosemary or other fragrant herbs in the reservoir of melting butter and garnish the potatoes with celery leaves to go with the celery stalk in the bloody mary, maybe??

Let us know what you decide. Good luck. :)
Chef these are excellent ideas, much appreciated!!! My only debate now is between doing a full burger or sliders. More than likely if I did sliders i'd sell them as 1 each as im sure people would buy 1-3. Again thank you for the inspiration.

Last edited:
Joined Jan 17, 2015
Over here in UK, bloody merry is popular especially on Sundays paired with the roast. Roast beef sandwiches maybe, pork belly, easy to serve and quick

Joined Mar 1, 2017
Chef these are excellent ideas, much appreciated!!! My only debate now is between doing a full burger or sliders. More than likely if I did sliders i'd sell them as 1 each as im sure people would buy 1-3. Again thank you for the inspiration.
You're welcome. :)

At a festival like that, I would think that you could get around $2 a slider, no?

Joined Nov 27, 2012
Well I am not sure if it would be doable but when you say good pairings with Bloody Mary's the first thing that pops into my head would be a ceviche made with tomato based leche de Tigre. Keep it all mixed (fresh seabass or red snapper are always great choice) and just portion it as ordered, honestly its the shit. Crackers or crusty bread as you will.

A grilled chicken salad an any kind of bread works wonders.
As does a bacon heavy potato salad(thick cut ideally)
Buttered toasted sourdough with a side of pickled whatever you will.
Chicken flautas with refried beans and salsa Roja.
Any kind of quesadillas also are always very popular.

Joined Nov 27, 2012
if you go the sliders route you could do the sliders on this kind of bread. Do one big patty that fits 3 or 2 of them and do them as on big and weird burger. Cut once all the toppings and bun are in place. sell as sets of 2 or 3 as it seems more appropriate. they are super popular where I am right now and since you have the setup to do smash burgers it might be a relatively painless transition.

Attachments

• da044572e1f14842a8a7f8684f2a8db9.jpg
    da044572e1f14842a8a7f8684f2a8db9.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 1
Joined Jan 4, 2011
Here ... This is a "Bloody Mary" Pizza.

It starts on a flat-bread crust.

On goes a vodka sauce; 1 cup bloody-nary mix from a bottle, 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk, reduced to very thick. 1 cup vodka added off heat and reduced to desired sauce thickness; alcohol will have blown off.

Top with chopped celery hearts, green olives, roasted cherry or grape tomatoes, chopped small mozzarella balls and bacon-bits. Use either real if you like or go with commercial if you want to go vegetarian. Most of the commercial brands are actually vegan.

Cook at 500+* for 5-8 minutes. Top with drizzle of olive-oil, woosty sauce and celery salt.

I sell these all day every day for $7 usd. Food cost is between $2-$3.

96852D9A-1BDE-456A-8CB4-77F10A2DA09C.jpeg

Last edited:
Joined Jan 22, 2018
Here ... This is a "Bloody Mary" Pizza.

It starts on a flat-bread crust.

On goes a vodka sauce; 1 cup bloody-nary mix from a bottle, 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk, reduced to very thick. 1 cup vodka added off heat and reduced to desired sauce thickness; alcohol will have blown off.

Top with chopped celery hearts, green olives, roasted cherry or grape tomatoes, chopped small mozzarella balls and bacon-bits. Use either real if you like or go with commercial if you want to go vegetarian. Most of the commercial brands are actually vegan.

Cook at 500+* for 5-8 minutes. Top with drizzle of olive-oil, woosty sauce and celery salt.

I sell these all day every day for $7 usd. Food cost is between $2-$3.

great idea! unfortunately i only have a flat top and fryer haha!

Joined Jan 22, 2018
if you go the sliders route you could do the sliders on this kind of bread. Do one big patty that fits 3 or 2 of them and do them as on big and weird burger. Cut once all the toppings and bun are in place. sell as sets of 2 or 3 as it seems more appropriate. they are super popular where I am right now and since you have the setup to do smash burgers it might be a relatively painless transition.
great idea man im DEFF doing sliders!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom