Blood Orange Entremet

Discussion in 'Food & Cooking' started by asha23, May 28, 2017.

1. asha23

asha23

Exp:
    Culinary Student
    Hi everyone,

I am a culinary student and need to come up with an entremet as part of my final assessment and am a little stuck, hoping someone might hwve someadvice or ideas for me! The entremet must include blood orange.

At this stage I think Ive narrowed down my ideas to be a combination of

Blood orange, milk chocolate and caramel
    Blood orange, dark chocolate and cardamom
    Blood orange,chocolate and coffee.

The chocolate will make up the mousse, and ill work out some jellies/mousse/creme brulle style filling with the third flavour but im just not sure where to go with this one.

If anyome has some advice, or recommendations or anything really, ill be forever greatful!

2. flipflopgirl

flipflopgirl

Exp:
    Retired Hospitality
    Do you have to use chocolate?

Do you have to jam all of the components into one piece?

If not think of a duo and save the orange for a Turkish Delight?.

Simple and stand out among all of the other students heavy chocolate bites.

Just a thought.

mimi

Last edited: May 30, 2017
  3. french fries

french fries

Exp:
    At home cook
    If the only requirement is that the entremet include blood orange, then I would try to make the blood orange shine, and I would worry that chocolate, coffee or cardamom could hinder that.

Instead, I would try and exploit the orange: use the juice, use the zest, confit some slices, or maybe confit some of the skin and use as a garnish. Maybe you could make use of some blood orange segment too. Inside or as decoration.

I believe there are better flavor combinations out there that don't mask the blood orange's flavor as coffee or chocolate would: try pairing the oranges with dates, or with walnuts, or with mint.... always leaving the blood orange shine and using the other component in small quantity for contrast.

Here's an idea: blood orange tiramisu, layering mascarpone cream and crumbled cookies in a glass - no coffee, add a bit of Cointreau or Grand Marnier to your Mascarpone, layers of crumbled speculos instead of the boudoir cookies. You could even use some chocolate shavings / blood orange segments as a garnish.

Have fun!

Last edited: May 31, 2017
    flipflopgirl likes this.
  4. flipflopgirl

flipflopgirl

Exp:
    Retired Hospitality
    ...oops...missed the whole entremet part.

Back to square one for me lol.

mimi

5. flipflopgirl

flipflopgirl

Exp:
    Retired Hospitality
    Pinterest recipes drive me nuts but some of the ideas are solid....choose a pix and work backwards.

There are loads of very nice examples to choose from.

Good luck!

mimi

Last edited: May 31, 2017