Blast Chiller

Discussion in 'Professional Chefs' started by ChefBryan, Dec 4, 2018.

1. ChefBryan

ChefBryan

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Good Afternoon:

Not sure if this is the appropriate place to post this, or under equipment reviews, but I am looking for feedback on blast chillers. We have had a Traulsen RBC 100 that was purchased in 1999. The printer recently took a dump, and it is so old it needs a retro fit kit for 5k. We are looking at just replacing the whole unit. Any advice or thoughts on brands and models? Thank you in advance.

2. carltonb

carltonb

Exp:
    CEPC CCE
    In my previous baking and pastry operations I have used over 6 different brands from full size (think big refrigerator) to smaller under counter styles.

In my opinion the only one that I see at the trade shows, and the ones people are buying is irinox. I have used both small and large. I love the control panels and simplicity to program. I have used the printer function and falls in the middle with every other brand. Irinox, to me seems to have a quick recovery time and keeps a constant temperature.

irinox was the only brand that I tested that could freeze whole berries/fruit on a finished fruit tart with pastry cream, that when thawed did not bleed or give off any condensation.

Hope that this helps.

3. ChefBryan

ChefBryan

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Thank you very much, that is incredibly helpful. I have not previously heard of that brand. I will look into it. I can't find pricing anywhere online, looks like I need to get a quote directly from them. I am guessing that will come at a premium, but it does look like an excellent unit. Never had any real issues with the Traulsen, I had been looking at alto shaam, but I have been experiencing a lot of issues with some of their other equipment. Thank you again for the response.

4. ChefBryan

ChefBryan

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Thank you very much, that is incredibly helpful. I have not previously heard of that brand. I will look into it. I can't find pricing anywhere online, looks like I need to get a quote directly from them. I am guessing that will come at a premium, but it does look like an excellent unit. Never had any real issues with the Traulsen, I had been looking at alto shaam, but I have been experiencing a lot of issues with some of their other equipment. Thank you again for the response.

5. carltonb

carltonb

Exp:
    CEPC CCE
    What part of the country are you in. I can talk to my local rep and see if they can have someone contact you.

6. ChefBryan

ChefBryan

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Wisconsin

7. ChefBryan

ChefBryan

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    I went to their website this morning and contacted a rep in my area. Thank you again!

8. carltonb

carltonb

Exp:
    CEPC CCE
    ChefBryan likes this.