Best steak ever!

Discussion in 'Food & Cooking' started by sylviam, May 13, 2017.

1. sylviam

sylviam

Exp:
    Home Cook
    Shout out to @boar_d_laze

Was looking through some old posts this morning and found your post from 2008 on finishing steak in the oven. Usually my husband just throws the steak on the griddle. But today we followed your instructions for cooking the steak -searing it first, after marinating it in a Tbsp of red wine and a Tbsp of Worcestershire for 20 minutes then putting it the oven, and making the rouge buerre. Followed your method to a T and it was the best tasting steak we have had. We used a T-bone, I got the tenderloin portion of it and my husband had the rest.

I used a ChefAlarm and cooked it to 120^, but next time I will have to change that as it wasn't rare enough.

Thank you so much:)

2. scott livesey

scott livesey

Exp:
    At home cook
    I read the old post also and have been using that method for several weeks.  2 minutes per side in hot cast iron skillet then into 375F oven for about 10 minutes.  during the 10 minutes, brown onions, peppers, and mushrooms in same skillet then add diced potatoes that have been nuked.  with 1 1/2" thick steaks, the middle is rare for the lady, the ends are medium rare for me.

3. sylviam

sylviam

Exp:
    Home Cook
    I just did the one with the beurre rouge, no potatoes or peppers. We had baby portobello mushrooms with it and baked potato. We had some escargot for an appetizer, but I had bought them in their shells and prepared ready for the oven. Got them from the gourmet meat market, but won't be buying them there again. They were a little on the salty side and gritty, they hadn't been cleaned properly. We love escargot but we couldn't eat these.