Best Restaurant to be a Head Chef

Joined Apr 22, 2021
Hi Community Members,
I am into Hotel Management and left my job 2 yrs ago. I have recently shifted to Brisbane and I am looking for a good place where I can be a Chef.
I do not have a great idea about which restaurant to go with. One of my friends mentioned My Alter Ego Brisbane Caterers
The website looks good but I am not sure if this is a good place to start my career. I want the opinion of the community members about whether I shall go with this restaurant or not.
Please drop down your reviews and help me out with the suggestions.
Thankyou

Last edited by a moderator:
Joined Feb 8, 2009
I started my Career in Catering and don't regret it at all. The complex I worked in had three restaurants along with banquet halls and outside catering. I was able to move around to fast serve, fine dining and catering. For me it gave a full view of the industry. Catering is completely different than working in a restaurant kitchen and front line. Catering does give a wide variety of different kinds of food and methods of keeping that food hot and holding for service......Welcome and good luck.......ChefBillyB

Joined May 5, 2010
A good place where you can be Chef?
First off I would guess you have to decide what kind of restaurant YOU want to guide and lead. What cuisine?
Small place?
Huge complex?
As chefbillyb just told you, there are many choices. If you have the experience, knowledge, stamina, and motivation, you could do anything you wanted. A good food and labor cost will also help you when looking for that perfect fit. Good luck as well.

Joined Oct 10, 2005
Best place to be a head chef?

I guess the answer would be
" at the place. where you can attain food costs below 22% and labour costs below 20%. "

With those kind of "bragging rights", virtually any employer will want to hire you on your terms

Latest posts

Top Bottom