Best pasta recipe ?

Discussion in 'Food & Cooking' started by Loredana Canalis, Aug 6, 2017.

1. Loredana Canalis

Loredana Canalis

Exp:
    Chef in Italian Restaurant
    What is for you the best pasta recipe ?

2. teamfat

teamfat

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    The best recipe for making pasta, or the best recipe using pasta?

3. Loredana Canalis

Loredana Canalis

Exp:
    Best recipe using pasta

4. french fries

french fries

Exp:
    At home cook
  5. flipflopgirl

flipflopgirl

Exp:
    Retired Hospitality
    My favorites change with the seasons.
    Here we are in the dog days of summer and it is way too hot (Texas in August is brutal) and just bringing the vat of water to a roll causes the AC to struggle and the temp in that part of the house into the 80's.
    80's?
    Yes we keep the thermostat on 71 year round... Houston was built on a swamp you know.
    It is a rare day when the humidity is bearable.

Anyways...eating a lot of deli take out, mostly salads... current favorite pasta salad is a riff on Gazpacho.
    After that first cool front blows thru will be looking for pumpkin ravioli.

mimi

6. koukouvagia

koukouvagia

Exp:
    Home Cook
  7. french fries

french fries

Exp:
    At home cook
    Niiice. How good was that? Is that completely different from what you expected, or pretty much just what you expected? Not sure if you made it yourself before or not... ? I make it on a regular basis, following that recipe – but I wouldn't be surprised if when I go there (I really should now that I'm not that far!) I end up realizing it's quite different... a recipe tells only half the story.

You must be enjoying your trip. :)

8. Loredana Canalis

Loredana Canalis

Exp:
    flipflopgirl likes this.
  9. Loredana Canalis

Loredana Canalis

Exp:
    Others ?

10. someday

someday

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Look up cacio e pepe and carbonara. Carbonara is one of my favorites of all time. Don't make the Americanized version with cream, but the real deal eye-talian style.

Also look up Scarpetta and Scott Conant's pomodoro pasta. Amazing. Simple but amazing.

midlife likes this.
  11. koukouvagia

koukouvagia

Exp:
    Home Cook
    Marcella Hazan's basic tomato sauce is simply genius

12. teamfat

teamfat

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    Pasta, butter, good quality grated parm. Still one of my favorites.

mjb.

flipflopgirl likes this.
  13. french fries

french fries

Exp:
    At home cook
    I'll have to try that! Can't stand the idea of throwing out a perfectly good onion though. . . Maybe I'll just mix it in. Thanks for sharing, I love those super simple recipes that have a simple twist that elevates them.

14. flipflopgirl

flipflopgirl

Exp:
    Retired Hospitality
    Carbonara is right up there on my list as well.
    Altho a few of the younger Grands would gag over the egg part so I hide it from them lol.
    It is in this spirit zuch bread was created...bait and switch baby.

mimi

15. koukouvagia

koukouvagia

Exp:
    Home Cook
    I have a handful of recipes I've used for a basic tomato sauce but this is the one I make most of the time because it is so good. The onion falls apart and hubby likes to eat it. I'll be honest with you though, I also add a clove (or 3) of garlic cause that's how I roll.

flipflopgirl likes this.
  16. french fries

french fries

Exp:
    At home cook
    One more vote for Carbonara (can we have multiple favorite pasta dishes?) – Another for lasagna al Forgno.

I may well roll that way too. :)

17. planethoff

planethoff

Exp:
    Other
    It's very subjective, but for the record, my favorite is fresh macaroni with a sun dried tomato basil alfredo sauce.

18. teamfat

teamfat

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    This could have gone in the "what did you have for dinner" thread. This could have gone in this month's challenge thread. But I chose to put it here.

ling1.jpg
    Cold skillet. Two or three tablespoons of olive oil. A healthy amount of crushed red pepper flakes. 3 nice, large cloves of garlic coarsely chopped. Blue pot in the back has the leftover 39 clove chicken I did the other day. I turn on the burner under it, very low, head back to the computer for 20 minutes or so.

Back up to the kitchen, put on a pot of salted water to boil. Give the garlic chicken a peek, a quick stir, back to the computer. Pasta water is boiling, throw in some linguini, give the chicken a stir, it is starting to simmer. Fuss about for a while. Pasta is getting close, time to turn on the burner under the oil and garlic skillet, medium low.

Pull a chunk of chicken out of the blue pot, dice it up. Pasta is done, drain. Garlic in skillet is getting fragrant, crank up the heat. Linguini and chicken go in the skillet, give it a good stir and add in about half a cup or so of the sauce from the blue pot.

ling2.jpg
    On a plate, munch away. Life is good, and so is dinner.

mjb.

fatcook likes this.
  19. teamfat

teamfat

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    Ha ha! I just noticed that the first picture catches Bright Eyes, our female snowshoe siamese, trying to sneak into the bedroom. I'm actually mildly allergic to cats, we try to keep them out of the bedroom and my office. Kitties have such a rough life in our household.

mjb.

20. pete

pete Moderator Staff Member

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    A few of my favorites, Carbonara and Lasagna have been mentioned already, but a few more of my favorites are:
    -Linguine tossed with caramelized cabbage, caramelized onion, bacon and black pepper. It gets dressed with a bit of the bacon grease mixed with butter
    -I make a rich tomato ragu with Italian sausage chunks and dried mushrooms
    -At this time of year, spaghetti tossed with chopped vine ripe heirloom tomatoes, fresh basil, diced fresh mozzarella, butter, parmesan and black pepper