Best oven for cookies

Joined Jul 21, 2020
The bakery I operate is looking at purchasing a new oven. We currently use Moffat Turbofan convection ovens. We do bake some cupcakes, cinnamon rolls, scones...but our primary product is cookies. I am not happy with our current ovens, they bake very uneven. We are looking at a Fox rotating single rack oven from Empire. Has anyone baked in this oven? Do you have another rotating rack oven that you love? Suggestion/ experiences would be very helpful. Thank you.

Joined Dec 29, 2019
The bakery I operate is looking at purchasing a new oven. We currently use Moffat Turbofan convection ovens. We do bake some cupcakes, cinnamon rolls, scones...but our primary product is cookies. I am not happy with our current ovens, they bake very uneven. We are looking at a Fox rotating single rack oven from Empire. Has anyone baked in this oven? Do you have another rotating rack oven that you love? Suggestion/ experiences would be very helpful. Thank you.
Rack ovens are hard to beat, except for the footprint and heat they throw out, I prefer convection but for large production you're looking at rack ovens.

Joined Oct 10, 2005
Deck oven is my preference. Do not try and look for this oven at a restaurant eqpt store, they don’t know and don’t care and will try to sell you a pizza oven.

Remember this:
With convections you modify the recipe,technique, and workflow to suit the oven.

With deck ovens you modify the oven controls to suit the recipe..

Your garden variety rest eqpt. salesperson will argue it’s the same thing, common sense will tell you it’s not.

Top Bottom