Best food mill?

Joined Feb 16, 2013
Is there such a thing as an actual truly good food mill?

Every review I read on Amazon leaves me despising each one before I've laid hands on it, either cause of inexcusable flaws or what seems like crock of ***t plant shilling in the good reviews.

Please point me in the right direction!

phatch

Staff member
Joined Mar 29, 2002
Rosle looks pretty good, but its quite pricey. I have a Martha Stewart branded one. It was 20ish at the time I bought it. It strikes me as average, but i have little to compare it against. I use it a few times a year.

Joined Feb 16, 2013
Rosle one is crazy expensive haha. I have their swivel peeler and love it though, worth every penny and even gifted two of them this Christmas.

I should have clarified, I'm looking to stay under $60 and really prefer cheaper. But I'll use it at least 30 times a year, probably much more so durability, versatility and functionality are a must so I could possibly even be swayed a touch higher.

Joined Aug 4, 2000
For that price I'd take a good look at OXO and Cuispro at Amazon.

For a lot more give or take, look at Matfer!

Last edited:
Joined Aug 4, 2000
Thoughts on a tin food mill?
The tin can flake off and rust appears.  And replating tin is nowadays very expensive.  If you're going the 30X a year use, then spend the extra $$'s to get something that won't need replacing and that means spending $75+.

Joined Aug 4, 2000
The one that's listed at cutleryandmore appears identical to the one I use and I use it just a few times a year.  It gives adequate service.

Last edited by a moderator:
Joined Feb 16, 2013
So I wound up ordering the Winco food mill. Just came in the other day so I haven't used it yet, but will probably try it out first with a batch of roasted vegetable soup by the weekend. 

Latest posts

Top Bottom