Chef Forum banner

best commercial ovens for baking cookies

19K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  rafa1702 
#1 ·
I have recently opened a cookie business and have been producing my product in a commercial incubator kitchen where I'm using over 10 year old Montgomery gas convection stack ovens (5 racks each).  My experience with baking cookies in these ovens have been absolutely nothing but a constant problem!!  I am moving to a new comm kitchen where I can purchase my own oven and am needing some professional guidance in what kind of oven to purchase that would be best for baking cookies? Are electric convection ovens what I should be looking at compared to gas?  I have been told by many that deck ovens would work the best but those are very expensive and more than what I can afford right now. I want to purchase a quality oven that does a great job baking cookies!

Thank you everyone!

Tia

#3 ·
Hi Tmeyer,

I have heard that electric ovens are better for straight baking because gas introduces the variable of humidity.  

Deck ovens would be better as they are better at retaining heat.

Of course, you need to work with what you have at the new kitchen location.  IF you do not have access to the proper electrical supply, then you will be getting a gas oven.  

You can get a basic double deck convection oven for around $5600 delivered.  Let me know if you need help specifying the oven or if you need any additional help.

Richard

#4 ·
Thank you Kuan..

I am baking a few different size cookies both a 2oz and 5oz so around 8-10 dozen at a time. should I be looking at  double deck electric convection ovens or single deck? do single deck ovens come with more than 5 racks?  

#5 ·
You can buy additional racks, this will simply reduce spacing between racks.  I believe most full size ovens come with 10-11 rack positions you can put racks, but again, you will compromise airflow and heat distribution if you place the racks too close together.

#7 ·
Electric will give you a more even heating environment, plus in some municipalities with electric you are not required to get an exhaust hood which would be a tremendous savings monetarily, both initially and probably in the long run (I am just guessing here not sure about energy cost savings), not to mention the hassle of installing a hood and ansul system.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.