Best 5 shelf electric Commercial Convection Oven for baking Wedding Cakes

Joined Aug 31, 2021
We are having to move our kitchen to a new location that does not have natural gas and do not want to convert it to propane. We have used this older Hobart gas double door, 5 rack convection oven for baking cakes for years and now must purchase an electric convection oven. I know that Hobarts are fairly expensive to repair, but it has been a work horse. We need an oven that will bake evenly on all 5 racks and will hold up for the long haul. Based upon your years of experience with electric commercial convection ovens, used almost exclusively for baking cakes, which reliable, consistent oven/brand/model would you recommend? Thank you for your guidance.

chefpeon

Kitchen Dork
Joined Jun 15, 2006
I've never run across an electric convection oven that didn't have hot-spot problems. It's just something you deal with. I've used several brands, but mostly Blodgett and they're fine. Given a choice, I'd never use convection at all, but they're fine for baking cakes. No matter the oven you use, rotating product midway through the bake is a must.

Joined Aug 31, 2021
Thanks for the thoughts on Blodgett, much appreciated as there are so many manufacturers. I ran across a used Baker's Pride double stack, single phase, but the guy who has it never baked in it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom