Bes wine for these cheese?

Discussion in 'Food & Cooking' started by fannie, Apr 24, 2014.

1. fannie

fannie

Exp:
    At home cook
    I have some Munster, Colby Jack and a Raspberry cheese that I will be serving as an appetizer for my party this weekend.  What wine would pair well with this?

2. skyler

skyler

Exp:
    Home Cook
    Hi Fannie, tastes and preference vary but I'd go with a Pinot Grigio.  If you want a red wine, a Beaujolais might be nice.  You could also serve Champagne. 

3. fannie

fannie

Exp:
    At home cook
    Never thought about champagne.  I might just get a few bottles of then and let my guest choose.

4. chef2bmiller

chef2bmiller

Exp:
    Culinary Student
    Try the app Pair It! created by Chef Bruce Riezenman. I just finished a food and wine pairing class, and that is what the instructor suggested we use. The body, acidity and profile should compliment the cheese. So a Pinot Grigio or Sauvignon Blanc would go well with the Colby Jack, a champagne with the Munster and a Sparkling Rose with the raspberry cheese. The sparkling rose would (depending on the wine) go well with all three as long as it wasn't too sweet.

5. americk

americk

Exp:
    Culinary Student
    I would recommend a Pinot Grigio too but you can also try Coteaux du Layon or  Riesling wine, it would be perfect I think.