BEER !!

Discussion in 'Pairing Food and Wine' started by coolj, Feb 19, 2001.

1. coolj

coolj

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    What beers are brewed in your locale ? . Here in Kamloops there is a brewery called Bear Brewing, and they make Polar, Brown and Black Bear beer and also Albino Rhino Ale (the house beer for Earls).

2. nicko

nicko Founder of Cheftalk.com Staff Member

Exp:
    Former Chef
    Moving this topic to the Last Word on Food and Wine. There have been several discussions on beer there.

3. cape chef

cape chef

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    coolJ,

Here in CT we have New England brewery.
    They make atlantic amber,gold stock ale,oatmeal stout, a light beer, they do holiday brews and summer ales also.
    Quite good stuff.
    cc

4. greg

greg

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Crudeau, you can't go wrong drinking Red Hook! Definitely one of the finest US brewers.
    Lot's of micobrewery/restaurants here in the Twin Cities. I've got two of them and a home-brew supply store within walking distance. The best beer made in Saint Paul is Summit, a small brewery that makes pale ale, IPA, porter and a rotating seasonal brew. Currently winter ale, next is maibock (one of the best beers I've tasted) then hefe weizen in the summer. Sad thing is, I can't remember what their fall beer is. They were serving it at their annual party at the brewery, all I remember is it was good!

5. pete

pete Moderator Staff Member

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Hey Dick, don't forget Catamount (out of Vermont)!!!! Here in the Chicago and Midwest area we have lots of great breweries such as: Goose Island (Honker's Ale), Bell's (Oberon), and numerous others.

6. mezzaluna

mezzaluna

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    This is Wisconsin... my post would rival the length of Elakin's Italian sojourn posts if I listed them all! Some decent brews in Milwaukee, but if you ever get a chance to try any of the New Glarus brews, go for it!

7. theloggg

theloggg

Exp:
    Other
    In Chico, CA (my alma matter and place I call "home") we brew what I consider the finest American Ale, Sierra Nevada.

Going "home" this weekend, can't wait. :)

8. seattledeb

seattledeb

Great food at Sierra Nevada as well logg...my sister lives in Redding, and folks have a place in Tahoe, we like to go a little out of our way and stop in Chico for some fine brew and burgers.

P.S.......spent many a party there :eek:)

9. pete

pete Moderator Staff Member

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Dick, I had no clue that Catamount went belly-up. Im glad to hear that Harpoon bought them, I just hope that they don't mess with any of the recipes. I love Catamount Porter!!!

10. bayou

bayou

New Orleans has a brewery that produces a beer called "Dixie." It speaks for itself.

11. shahar

shahar

Philly here.
    We got DogFishHead brewery, Victory to name a few. Those two continu to creat new and intersting beers. Walking that thin line between inovation and down to earth oh my god it's tssty.
    Wonderful place for beer here, been getting lots of good belgien stuff latly. Catch some germen beers in may(Maibocks)

12. pooh

pooh