Been out of the game for a while

Joined Jun 22, 2020
I was in food service from 2004 through 2012. I ran a bakery inside a high-end dining establishment, I've ran cafes, etc. Then I decided to get into real estate.
Well, I sold my real estate, I have a family now, and I think I want to return to the kitchen. I'm here to learn and be inspired.

Thanks.

Joined Mar 1, 2017
Welcome to CT! :)

Having a family and the food industry are generally not good bed fellows. Are you sure that getting back into this business is a good idea, especially with wee ones?

Joined Jun 22, 2020
Welcome to CT! :)

Having a family and the food industry are generally not good bed fellows. Are you sure that getting back into this business is a good idea, especially with wee ones?
I hear you, but real estate, particularly property management, is worse. It's 24/7. Late nights inventorying a walk-in would be an improvement.

Joined Sep 17, 2018
I hear you, but real estate, particularly property management, is worse. It's 24/7. Late nights inventorying a walk-in would be an improvement.
I thought about real estate when I was deciding if I wanted to stay in the restaurant industry but realized I would be working just as many late nights and weekends to fill the constant demand for clients.

Joined Jun 22, 2020
I thought about real estate when I was deciding if I wanted to stay in the restaurant industry but realized I would be working just as many late nights and weekends to fill the constant demand for clients.
And it's replacing toilets... it's walking into a tenants house to fix something they broke and... witnesses child abuse and neglect... etc... it's a sh*t show, really.

Joined Jun 22, 2020
that's if you do all the work yourself, but finding good labor in the property management space is harder than in food service, for sure.

Top Bottom