Beef jerky seasoning

Discussion in 'Food & Cooking' started by crawfishboil, Mar 5, 2014.

1. crawfishboil

crawfishboil

Exp:
    At home cook
    I just bought a new dehydrator to make jerky and I'm stumped on what ingredients to use. Share some of yur own favorite recipes.( I'm using eye of round btw)
    Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. brandon odell

brandon odell

Exp:
    Owner/Operator
    I soak it in Worcestershire, soy sauce, cracked pepper. Sometimes some balsamic vinegar too. Teriyaki is also popular. I suggest marinating overnight or longer. The longer you marinade, the more salt the beef will pull out or the mixture and the saltier the jerky.

3. everydaygourmet

everydaygourmet

Exp:
    Chef/Owner/Operator
    Have been making a lot lately and one of my best friends uses a wet marinade. As the idea is to remove liquid I opted for a standard cure and dry rub approach. Standard cure = parts sugar, salt and black pepper, I don't use pink salt. Re the S & P used smoked sea salt and smoked black pepper. Also used our dry rub dried chili, onion, garlic, paprika, mustard, coriander etc. for 48 hrs. thicker cut beef, lately we've been using flank dehydrated 3hrs @ 160 and about 7 hrs @ 115. Just found some Worcestershire flavored pepper we plan to experiment with.

Cheers!

EDG

4. maryb

maryb

Exp:
    Semi pro/retired now
    salt and black pepper brine then on the smoker on its lowest. Can use a little liquid smoke if no smoker available.