Bed, Bath & Beyond - again

Discussion in 'Cooking Equipment Reviews' started by schmoozer, Apr 19, 2010.

1. schmoozer

schmoozer

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Just as many people mention their favorite cook books, cookware, or recipes, I'd like to once again mention a good experience at BB&B.  I went into the local store on Sunday to grab a pot I've wanted for a while, and had a very satisfactory experience.

Upon walking through the door two staff people greeted me with big smiles and cheerful hellos.  Nice - something that's often missing at most retail outlets.

I made my way back to the cookware section and grabbed the pot I wanted from the display, and, after a small detour, took it to be checked out.  I didn't have a 20%-off coupon, but mentioned that Krissy, who is the area customer service rep, said that I could get the discount on that particular pot.  The woman at the checkout, who may have been new, but who was definitely following protocol, checked with the manager to get approval for the discount.  The manager didn't want to sell me that particular pot because it was used for display and also because it may have been scratched or marred - not anything I noticed.  However, he checked with the San Francisco store, found that they had eleven brand-new-in-the-box pots, and, after checking with me, ordered one to be delivered to the local store for me to pick up.

So, the end result was that I got a brand new pot instead of the display sample for a 20% discount even without a coupon.  Everyone that I dealt with was friendly and helpful, and even the people I didn't directly deal with were pleasant and had nice, sunny dispositions.  One of the staff showed me the BB&B "secret" web site, where items that the company can get but which are not always in the store or on the regular web site can be found.

Overall, another positive BB&B experience.

2. phatch

phatch Moderator Staff Member

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    I agree that they take care of you as a customer.

I can't say I find what they carry in store all that exciting most of the time though. I guess I'm looking for more and more oddball things as my basic tools are already at hand.

3. schmoozer

schmoozer

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    I agree that the store may not have what you want in stock, but, in many cases (at least with my local store), the item is carried by BB&B and they will order it for you.  Of course, there will always be something that any store can't get, for any number of reasons.

As time progresses, and my cookware collection grows, there are fewer things I want or need, and because of that, most stores seem to have fewer items in stock that are of interest.  For example, BB&B could not provide the size and type of sheet pan that I wanted, and I'll have to order it on line in order to get exactly what I want at a good price.