BBQ-RIBS ... TASTY! (video)

Joined Jan 4, 2011

Our latest video ... about RIBS ... uses My grill like an oven. YEAH ... they were tasty!!!

Joined Dec 18, 2010
I can’t watch right now but you seem to have read my mind. (God help you if you really did because there’s some real garbage in my noggin at times.) After seeing how you roasted the faux burnt ends I was thinking of a similar configuration for ribs. Two racks of spareribs for Labor Day weekend. I hope you divulge lots of secrets so I won’t have to think very hard. Can’t wait to see your movie!

kuan

Staff member
Joined Jun 11, 2001
That's how my MIL does it in the oven, sorta. She uses a dutch oven in place of the foil, no butter, not yesterday's coffee nor old beer though. She uses some water and cider vinegar and stuff.

Joined Aug 22, 2021
Those ribs look lovely, but I wouldn't try to make them.
That rack would easily cost 100 Swiss Francs....(USD110 or GBP90)
They do have much cheaper, but there isn't much meat on the bone.

Joined Jan 4, 2011

F FoodFighter ...

I can understand that dilemma. That rack cost me +/- $26 usd. As I said in the vid, I much prefer “St.Louis Cut” and even more still “Spare-Ribs”. They are both cheaper. The spare-ribs take more work to trim down but they are much bigger with lots more meat. More work but what-the hey ... I’m a Chef right?!?

Aggravatingly ... the ransom for a rack like that pre-cooked and sauced all-in from a rib place in my general vicinity is only +/- $22 usd.

"We work in kitchens ... It ain'te rocket surgery.".

Joined Jan 4, 2011

kuan kuan ...

It was THAT MORNING’S coffee (4-hours old) and THAT AFTERNOON’S beer. I just didn’t finish that glass when we started taping (it got warm really fast a half-hour maybe).

Joined Aug 22, 2021

F FoodFighter ...

I can understand that dilemma. That rack cost me +/- $26 usd. As I said in the vid, I much prefer “St.Louis Cut” and even more still “Spare-Ribs”. They are both cheaper. The spare-ribs take more work to trim down but they are much bigger with lots more meat. More work but what-the hey ... I’m a Chef right?!?

Aggravatingly ... the ransom for a rack like that pre-cooked and sauced all-in from a rib place in my general vicinity is only +/- $22 usd.

USD26 bucks eh, noiceee, the prices in Zürich are astonishing.
Here's a photo from my visit to "Brisket" last night....that platter cost CHF75, about $80

Attachments

• IMG_20210831_181139.jpg
    IMG_20210831_181139.jpg
    373.5 KB · Views: 5
Top Bottom