Bayless Rocks!

Discussion in 'Restaurant Reviews' started by campchef, Aug 27, 2003.

1. campchef

campchef

Exp:
    Culinary Instructor
    The most fabulous meal I have ver had was at the Frontera Grill in Chicago. Rick Bayless is a genius with sauces. The moles were unbelievable! Each bite was a totally new sensation. If you ever have a chance to get to Fontera in Chicago, don't miss it!

2. big b

big b

After cooking a few recipes from "Mexico: one plate at a time", I'm very much hoping to find myself in Chicago in the near future to try out his food first hand.

3. suzanne

suzanne

Exp:
    Food Editor
    CampChef, you are soooooo right.

Many years ago, we ate there with a colleague from Texas, who groused about, "Oh, this isn't the way it should be done." Well, we thought it was fabulous; still do. I suspect that even CrepeMaker would not be upset.

BTW: I know Deann a little, and she is great, too! So besides excellent food, you can count on excellent service, too.

4. kuan

kuan Moderator Staff Member

Exp:
    Retired Chef
    Yeah, it's awesome! Lotsa guys in the biz go there after work for drinks or something. I like that kinda food a lot! Mole and chile sauces makes my mouth water :)

Kuan

5. theloggg

theloggg

Exp:
    Other
    The best carnitas I have ever eaten!

logan

6. campchef

campchef

Exp:
    Culinary Instructor
    I'm glad to see some folks agree. I'm thinking this would be a great place for some cheftalkers to meet during NRA '04! they also make a kick-butt maragarita!

7. pete

pete Moderator Staff Member

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Have you eaten at Topolobamo yet? If you haven't and you love Bayless's sauce work at Fontera you will absolutely die at Topo. The food in Topo is a little more "refined" whereas at Fontera it is a little more "rustic". When I lived in Chicago I used to eat at both places often. Oh man...now I am getting hungry.....think it will be time for a Chicago run in the near future!!!