Baking King Prawns without cheese

Discussion in 'Food & Cooking' started by allan tan, Nov 24, 2014.

1. allan tan

allan tan

Exp:
    At home cook
    Hi, i just saw a dish online and would like to replicate that dish.. I am ok with cooking, more of a home cook for my family. Please kindly advise what marinade should i use if i wish to bake some King Prawns, before stir frying them in my own sauce? Any advise if flour is required to coat the prawns which are halfed before baking? If yes, then what kind of flour would be better? Plain, Corn or Tapioca flour etc.. 

Attached is the pic of the dish! 

TIA! 

Allan 

2. eastshores

eastshores

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    A bit hard to tell, but are you sure those aren't dredged in a light tempura batter and flash fried?

3. allan tan

allan tan

Exp:
    At home cook
    From the menu, it says that its Baked Fresh Prawns in Sauce. I am not too sure though.. But i like how the prawns turned out, all orangy and crispy and not too oily..

4. kuan

kuan Moderator Staff Member

Exp:
    Retired Chef
    This is not baked.  You dust the prawns in rice flour and then stir fry. Immediately after that you toss it in salt and pepper.  Then toss the garnishes in the sweet dressing and serve on top 

Last edited: Nov 24, 2014
  5. allan tan

allan tan

Exp:
    At home cook
    Thanks for the reply!

I was thinking if its done as what the menu says, baked, wouldn't it be too dry without any cheese on it, as the prawns are halfed. 

Will give it a try.. Maybe dusting it with some rice flour, a fast and quick dredge in hot oil, then drying on paper, before mixing it with the sauce! Thanks..