Chef Forum banner

Baked Stuffed Peppers, a great Fall menu Item

4K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  marine 
#1 ·
We do a lot of home style cooking in our Cafes, Meatloaf, Chicken fried steak, Beef Stroganoff, and so on. I have tried Baked Stuffed Peppers in the past, they didn't go over that well. One of my cooks asked if he could try them again, my answer was, ya sure, what the heck go for it, try to promo them the best you can. He made them and we sold out during lunch " shows how much I know"  I was happy to see they were well received. I decided to make a pan of Stuffed peppers at home, I love them but haven't made them in years. I used my Pasture Raised Ground Chuck, and thought about how this idea could work well with a Mexican twist. The only thing I did different in this recipe was to use Spanish rice. This is a entree that screams for flavor and a creative Chefs touch. I think there are many great ideas for ingredients using Greek, Mexican, or Italian spices and fillings.

I cut the pepper in half, made a stuffing with Gnd Chuck, onions, cooked Spanish rice, Italian sea, salt, pepper, ketchup,Parm cheese, garlic,parsley,eggs, topped with fire Roasted Tomatoes. Gnd Pork would go in this recipe, but we raise our own Black Angus and have 800lbs of Gnd beef to use.

Cook at 375 oven covered so the peppers get nice and tender, about 3/4 through uncover to brown

Before baked:

after Baked:

See less See more
#2 ·
Bill, that looks and sounds amazing!  When I worked at the cafe we'd have stuffed peppers now and then and they would always be well received. 

I'm going to give your recipe a try at home... I think the fussy ones might really enjoy it!  Thanks for sharing!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.