Bad marks and applying to a Culinary school

Discussion in 'General Culinary School Discussions' started by x AuriiHikarii, Jul 9, 2019.

1. x AuriiHikarii

x AuriiHikarii

Exp:
    chef it up chief
    I really want to apply to a culinary school/trade but I passed my senior year with mere mercy pass marks of mainly 50's and 60's because I narrow mindedly just wanted to pass.. Should I still apply?..

2. cheflayne

cheflayne

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    If you apply, you have two possible answers.
    If you don't apply, you have no possible answer.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
    dectra, Emojitsu, jimyra and 3 others like this.
  3. Iceman

Iceman

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    To tell you the truth ... I think that if you come up w/ the $$$ to go ... any school will take you.

Emojitsu and x AuriiHikarii like this.
  4. halb

halb

Exp:
    Owner/Operator
    I REALLY wish this forum made members indicate what country they are from in their profile!!

So all I can do is advise you from a US perspective and that would be the same as @Iceman. As long as you have a HS diploma or a GED any community college or trade school will be happy to take your money. No questions asked.

dectra likes this.
  5. walrus89

walrus89

Exp:
    Definitely apply, the worst case scenario is they will not accept you, so some other school will. Just do not wait for too long.

dectra likes this.
  6. ChefAugie

ChefAugie

Exp:
    Chefs are intelligent people, but most of us aren't "academics". Remember the only thing school grades determine is how good you are at taking tests. They're not a mark of your intelligence, nor do they dictate your future level of success. Once you find your passion, you'll excel. If it's what you really want, go for it.

7. Innocuous Lemon

Innocuous Lemon

Exp:
    fair bit
    i wanna work in your kitchen :D