Bacon

Joined Sep 17, 2018
Crispy or chewy, what's your preference.

I generally prefer chewy but if it has nice fat on it I will sometimes like it crispy for that rendered fat like texture.

phatch

Staff member
Joined Mar 29, 2002
Depends on the use.

Chewy for strips generally. When I was young and my mother served crispy bacon, I would put the egg on top of the bacon to decrisp it.

Crispy for bits.

Joined Sep 17, 2018
Depends on the use.

Chewy for strips generally. When I was young and my mother served crispy bacon, I would put the egg on top of the bacon to decrisp it.

Crispy for bits.
Maybe my preference comes from my childhood as well as my mother used to microwave turkey bacon between paper towels until it was the texture of the turkey from National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. I spent most of my younger years not even knowing there was better bacon out there.

Joined Dec 18, 2010
Somewhere I once saw statistics... I seem to recall 79.38% preferred crispy. Y’all keep good company. And for the rest of us... diversity and tolerance is a nice thing!

Joined Jul 13, 2012
I usually cook it to almost crisp, but add it back to the dish to de-crisp some. For breakfast though I like it crisp then I can scoop my grits and egg yolks with it when my biscuit, or toast is gone.

Top Bottom