Back From Hiatus

Discussion in 'Professional Chefs' started by peachcreek, Jan 9, 2006.

1. peachcreek

peachcreek

Exp:
    Retired Chef
    We started working on our second restaurant a few years ago now. And after many changes, much patience and now a lot of toil, we have done it. Originally we were going to start a second location of our present restaurant. What we ended up doing was getting another building in town and opening up a little eclectic fine dining eatery.
    The building is about 80 years old,1600 sq. ft. It was originally the restaurant for a hotel that was razed and turned into a parking lot 20 years ago. For the last 18 years it was a bakery- dessert and coffee place. The gal that owned it finally retired and sold us the building with most of its contents. It has an operating hood system, double gas convection ovens,a six burner with flattop and double oven range, a 20 qt Univex mixer, workbenches, a small triple sink, a 4 door reachin, a 2 door reachin, and lots of miscellaneous stuff. Right now we are getting ideas for the remodel. Demolition of the existing interior starts this week. Also very recently we bought the entire contents of a defunct hotel coffeeshop circa 1950ish. Chairs, tables, dishes, serviceware, some blown out appliances. Most of the dishes are "Incaware", very cool. So lots of things to do these days. Its funny. We have the idea. We have the building. We don't have a name yet. Suggestions?
    Cheers everyone! To hard work and a profitable 2006!

2. cape chef

cape chef

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Peach.......

best of luck!
    CC

3. shroomgirl

shroomgirl

Exp:
    Professional Caterer
    Too fun, that era was such a great time, quality stuff.....
    my new kitchen is in a 105 year old church on the 3rd floor was remodeled in 1950....stainless steel everywhere, an 8 burner with dbl ovens, 2 huge deck ovens, and diner china from 1900-1950....green and white some hall some shinoga, including serving platters, glasses, cups, sherbert dishes, really heavy duty.....a 5 gl hobart that needs a new cord a slicer that is scary as all getout and a dbl built in coffee maker hooked up to steam.....the pots, pans and dust came with it. There is a reception room next to it that holds 300.

4. chrose

chrose

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Really not much more to add! I wish you all the sucess in the world though I know you'll do fine. Perhaps you can be the last chapter in Emhans book titled "Sometimes it does work"!

Cheers!!!:beer:

5. katbalou

katbalou

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    road trip, anyone?:smiles:
    congratulations!!!
    kathee

6. panini

panini

Exp:
    Owner/Operator
    Peach,
    You won't need any luck, just pace yourself.
    Man, I love hearing things like this!
    Cheers!
    pan

7. jim berman

jim berman

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    May your road to success be paved with black truffles and white chocolate!
    All the best!

8. suzanne

suzanne

Exp:
    Food Editor
    Cool!!! I hope you'll post a journal of the process as it goes along. No doubt it will be very, very interesting AND informative.

9. suzanne

suzanne

Exp:
    Food Editor
    Peach -- please contact me about my post above! I've got a proposition for you.* PM or email, whichever is easier for you.

*No money involved :cry: but lots of intrinsic satisfaction! :lol: