Avocado burger. Really now?

Discussion in 'Food & Cooking' started by french fries, Feb 14, 2017.

1. french fries

french fries

Exp:
    At home cook
    Some new trends are fun. Not sure what to make of these though... how are you supposed to eat them? 

2. brianshaw

brianshaw

Exp:
    Former Chef
    Looks very healthy. Eat like proper ladies and gentlemen - with a knife and fork. Hopefully most of us can do that. :)

Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
    flipflopgirl likes this.
  3. millionsknives

millionsknives

Exp:
    Professional Caterer
    If you think that's crazy 

4. french fries

french fries

Exp:
    At home cook
    LOL!! /img/vbsmilies/smilies/lol.gif
    Here's the healthy version: 

5. chef brah

chef brah

Exp:
    Culinary Student
    I will always ridicule vegans and vegan cuisine until the day i die.

6. millionsknives

millionsknives

Exp:
    Professional Caterer
    More like gluten frees.  I see bacon and salmon in there

Also there is an avocado shaving cream 

7. french fries

french fries

Exp:
    At home cook
    Hmmm... probably wishful thinking? /img/vbsmilies/smilies/lol.gif

8. french fries

french fries

Exp:
    At home cook
    You won't. You will grow older, you will mature, you will learn, and you will expand your horizons. You'll discover new people, new cultures, new opinions, new concepts, new purposes for life. You'll realize how many mistakes you've made when you were younger, how many times you formed an opinion too quickly, how much easier it was for you to criticize those who are different from you, how much you didn't know, and, knowing what you know now, how much more you have to learn, and how your lifetime won't be enough to learn it all. This will humble you, teach you tolerance, and respect. Respect for opinions you may have never had a chance to form, and tolerance for opinions you once held even though you may (think you) now know better.

I am a HUGE meat eater/lover. Someone really close to me is vegan. I honestly think she's right and I'm wrong. The only valid argument I have for eating meat is that I really do enjoy the taste. To which she replies that I'm willing to let animals suffer for only one reason: my pleasure. And I think she's right. I don't think what I'm doing is right. I'm not going to become vegan tomorrow, but I'm not sure they deserve ridiculing either. In my mind, they're right.... I just don't know how they do it. Oh no, I know: They satisfy their cravings for meat and meat-based dishes they grew up with (such as hamburgers) by imitating those dishes with vegan ingredients. Are you going to blame them? I know I won't.

And to all those who truly believe they need animal protein to survive/live a healthy life, I say puhleaze. Find another argument for justifying your raising animals to kill them so you can eat their meat. I know I have.

9. koukouvagia

koukouvagia

Exp:
    Home Cook
    I don't have a problem with vegetarians.  They're delicious and I eat them all the time.

Seriously though, I don't make fun of anyone's eating.  But there is more than one way to approach a healthy diet and I don't like to get hung up on being labeled one thing or the other.  

Avocado sandwiches look difficult to eat.  I like my avocados to be rather ripe, so how would you hold one?  When eating bread-free sandwiches I much prefer wrapping protein in lettuce leaves or large peppers, or even grilled mushrooms.  Lettuce is the easiest.  Avocado sandwiches are not really sandwiches because you have to eat them with a knife and fork.

10. chef brah

chef brah

Exp:
    Culinary Student
    i come from a culture /region where beef is banned and eating pork can get u killed

so i come from different background.

what i dont like is imposing nature of vegans and gluten free crowd, also their constant threats to sue the restaurant which is serving them food.

i always strive to include more vegetable based ingredients and flavors in my cooking and meat is not the centerpiece but i know where imposing cultures and behaviours lead.

just my thought and yes maybe i will change my stance...because living in america u see excess and abundance..whereas most of the third world cuisines came from scarcity and desperate times.