Autumn Salad Ideas

Discussion in 'Food & Cooking' started by samwest61, Sep 17, 2013.

1. samwest61

samwest61

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    GO!

2. mike9

mike9

Exp:
    Former Chef
    These come to mind:

Jicama, apple and walnut slaw

hot German potato salad

Wilted Spinach with bacon vinaigrette 

Grilled Radicchio & Belgian Endive

3. cerise

cerise Banned

Exp:
    Other
    Apple and/or pear & fennel salad with Honey Dijon vinaigrette, (and optional) Parmesan cheese.

I love salad, and use anything that is fresh & in Season.  Add hearts of palm, artichoke hearts, figs, bleu cheese, grilled romaine or baby bok choy.  Whatever strikes your fancy. Nothing wrong with the classics like Caesar (& adding chicken etc.).  Have fun with it.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2013
  4. samwest61

samwest61

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Thanks for your suggestions guys. I ended up putting together a classic butternut squash salad with beetroot carpaccio, red chicory, ciabatta chips, grilled pear and......honey dijon dressing! I also whipped up some goat cheese mousse, I think its a nice original autumn salad. But, we will see how it fares on the menu!

chrisbelgium likes this.
  5. chicagoterry

chicagoterry

Exp:
    Home Cook
    I've been eating a Kale salad with a Cesar-type dressing a lot the last few months. It's my current favorite salad. Anchovies, dijon mustard, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil dressing and grated Parmesan cheese. A hard boiled egg on top makes it more or less a meal with a hunk of bread.

6. cacioepepe

cacioepepe

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    I'm putting on my menu a marinated, roasted cauliflower salad with pickled chilis, baby kale with an oregano vinaigrette.  I'm also trying a house smoked trout with castelfranco and treviso, buttermilk dressing, radishes and cucumbers.  Next is a chilled barely salad with roasted carrots, sorghum vinaigrette and some kind of spicy green.

samwest61 likes this.
  7. irishcook

irishcook

Exp:
    Line Cook
    Had a beautiful Beef and Radish salad the other day, absolutely delicious.